Part B deductible & coinsurance.
In 2022, you pay $233 for your Part B deductible. After you meet your deductible for the year, you typically pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount for these:
- Medically necessary services: Services or supplies that are needed to diagnose or treat your medical condition and that meet accepted standards of medical practice.
- Preventive services: Health care to prevent illness (like the flu) or detect it at an early stage, when treatment is most likely to work best.
Part B covers things like:
- Clinical research
- Ambulance services
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Mental health
- Partial hospitalization
- Getting a second opinion before surgery
- Limited outpatient prescription drugs